Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One last book for March

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely

What a great book -- I've discovered that I'm really interested in economics, or at least behavioral economics. I laughed out loud while reading this book -- should you really do that when reading a non-fiction econ book? The author is a prof at MIT who "explains how expectations, emotions, social norms, and other invisible, seemingly illogical forces skew our reasoning abilities" (from the book flap). 254 pages

Buffy in Denver

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the comments. I am delighted you liked the book so much

best

Dan

Anonymous said...

Wow -- Now I wish I'd said even more! ;) and I could have, too. I've always thought I wasn't that interested in economics, but it's now been adding to my list of things i might be willing to go back to school for! and an awareness of behavioral economics seems like a way to avoid/work against/at least be aware of the insidious nature of commercialization in this culture.

Okay, off my soapbox.

I'm so pleased you saw my post, Dan.

Anonymous said...

How cool :-)

Phoenix