Friday, January 25, 2008

Michelle here...

Hi all! Wanted to add my progress...I'm a little intimidated by Jeremy's numbers, but hey.

All fun books:

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore - I read this a while back but was reminded of Joshua (a.k.a. Jesus) learning to create heat to warm himself while meditating in the Himalayas due to my present flippin' cold climate. I couldn't get it out of my head, so I re-read it. (444 pages)

The Night Journal by Elizabeth Crook - A cute book my Grandma gave me for Christmas about a woman who works at a Harvey House on the railroad line back in the day (I'm not quite sure which day...). She keeps a journal and her great granddaughter is reading it and piecing together the past. It's cute. (451 pages)

Whirligig by Paul Fleischman - The seventh grade reading teacher lent this to me. It is a beautiful story about a young man searching for redemption after some drinking and driving on his part ends a young girl's life. I'm a big fan of middle school books! (133 pages)

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements - A boy wakes up one day to find he is invisible. Then what? (272 pages)


That and a couple pages out of my new Moosewood cookbook rounds me to a total of 1305 pages in 2008, so far...

Thanks Tamie, this is fun! Keep on reading!

2 comments:

The Reading Challenge said...

Have you read Frindle? I think that's the name of it and I think it's by Andrew Clements. I liked that one. ~Buffy

jergarber said...

Michelle:

I loved Biff too (especially as a theology and culture student). The part I especially remember was the Tibetan monks inventing judo for Jesus as a nonviolent martial art - Jew Do being "the way of the Jew." Funny and also a good commentary on what I think the heart of "the Christian thing" (as G.K. Chesterton calls it) is all about.